Skip to main content

What is a Hysterectomy?

Welcome to my blog. This is an Action Project for my core class Cure. In this unit, we have been at home talking about cells, what they are, and what they are made up of. We have also taken the time to look at different types of surgeries. Also, we had two special FE guests join us through Zoom and teach us about themselves and what they know to help us get a clearer understanding. The two guests who joined us were Dr. Neeraj Jain and Kellee Athens. For this assignment, we were tasked with interviewing someone who has had any surgery performed on them. For the interview, I chose to interview someone about the surgery they had done. The surgery that was performed was a Hysterectomy which is the removal of the uterus. I have put together a slideshow below explaining all of the risk factors, side effects, and much more detail on how the surgery is performed. "No dietary restrictions. I was super groggy and just slept a lot. I was in the hospital for 1 or 2 days. It took me a week to feel like herself again." Says the person I interviewed about their recovery.



                                                                    

This is the second Action Project that we have had to do from home due to Coronavirus or, Covid-19. I personally really enjoyed this unit of our core class, Cure because I think that the human body is a very interesting thing to learn about. 

Comments

  1. I am glad you did this project. As a missionary doctor, I did many hysterectomies on patients over the years, and taught African doctors and staff how to do to them. Glad you studied this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing for 12 Hours with Only a Pen

 This is a project for my core class Endurance. For this project, I spent twelve hours doing one thing. This class was all about what is endurance? We started the course by defining endurance and looking at historic people who had to. endure something for a specific amount of time. I spent time trying to figure out what you need in order to endure something for a period of time. In order to endure something, you have to be strong-willed, unbreakable, and willing to face hardship and know that it won't be fun or pleasant. So what is endurance? Endurance is being able to push through a hardship/inconvenience. Being able to endure something is one of the hardest things in the world. Especially when it isn't something you choose to do. Forced endurance is something that many people throughout history had to go through. A specific example we looked at was Ellie Wiesel and how he and his family and his whole culture was tortured and killed over the span of years. Ellie lost all of hi

Cardboard Camera?

 This is an Action Project for my core class Light, Sound, and Time. During this Unit, we learned all about light and how it works. We also learned about how light is a part of the visible spectrum. This is a spectrum that shows the types of waves/rays that are on earth. The visible spectrum is also how we see colors. This has also helped us better understand what light is and how we use it to take pictures. For example, when you take a picture using a camera, light is used to leave a image captured onto a surface. For this project, I was tasked with making a camera from a tissue box. The camera I made is called a Camera Obscura. This camera takes light and through a little hole pastes the image onto a piece of parchment paper inside of the camera. As you can see below, those photos were taken from inside the camera when held up to a light. It also shows what the camera looks like and how it turned how after creating it. Pinhole of Camera Obscura/CJH/2021 Image of Light in Camera/CJH/2

Music Does Matter

 This is an Action Project for my civic term class, Music That Matters. This term we took a deep dive into music and how it can teach, inspire, and ignite people. For this project we had guest speakers from many different places come and teach us about different ways music can be effective. We took these ideas and came up with ways music can benefit our communities. We are proposing these ideas to My Block My Hood My City, which is an organization that helps communities by giving grants and donations to help make peoples ideas reality. We also learned about Ratliff's vocabulary. I went out to the end of my block and took a video of the sounds that come from my neighborhood.  Hello, I am a student from GCE Lab School, and I am applying for the grant to help make my idea of making this installation possible. For this project, I came up with an idea to teach, inspire, and ignite my community through music. I went out to my block/neighborhood and I sat there for about 4 minutes, just l