Skip to main content

Drawing for 12 Hours with Only a Pen

 This is a project for my core class Endurance. For this project, I spent twelve hours doing one thing. This class was all about what is endurance? We started the course by defining endurance and looking at historic people who had to. endure something for a specific amount of time. I spent time trying to figure out what you need in order to endure something for a period of time. In order to endure something, you have to be strong-willed, unbreakable, and willing to face hardship and know that it won't be fun or pleasant. So what is endurance? Endurance is being able to push through a hardship/inconvenience. Being able to endure something is one of the hardest things in the world. Especially when it isn't something you choose to do. Forced endurance is something that many people throughout history had to go through. A specific example we looked at was Ellie Wiesel and how he and his family and his whole culture was tortured and killed over the span of years. Ellie lost all of his family, yet he was barely able to push through the torture and endure the pain and hardship that was forced upon him. Our project is asking us to take 12 hours and spend that time doing one specific thing. For example, some people chose 12 hours of garden work, 12 hours of coding, 12 hours of building something, etc. I chose to spend my 12 hours drawing with a ballpoint pen. I had an end goal to improve my drawing skills even if it was just a little bit. I ended up improving my drawing ability a lot more than I thought I would. I spent so long making a mistake and I was getting upset because I wasn't able to erase it afterward. These 12 hours really gave me perspective on how strong-willed your mind and your body need to be. After the first 12 hours, my hand started to get really sore from drawing on the paper so much. I took my 12 hours and put them into a log sheet and created a video documenting each hour. Below is the log sheet and the video, I hope you enjoy watching my endure 12 hours of drawing.



I spent the first-hour drawing different drawings I found on the internet. I first made two drawings of the same one. I wanted to compare the two if I attempt them twice. The second drawing was of a dragon and I will draw it again later on.

4/25/2022 : 9:20-10:10

I learned that after a short while, your wrist and arm begin to get sore from drawing and pressing down on the paper. I also learned that I should start drawing with a pencil in order to get better shading, and also so I'll be able to erase anything I need to.


I spent the next hour drawing different new drawings. I started by redrawing the dragon from yesterday. I ended up drawing spiderman, and also some mountains. 

4/26/2022 : 10:50 - 12:10

These drawings were pretty difficult because I couldn’t get many of the faces accurate. They were either disproportionate or too small. I was able to go into better shading for different areas to give the drawing depth and I was really proud of my dragon drawing. I also attempted to draw an aurora in the mountain drawing.


I spent the next hour drawing Batman, another dragon, and Naruto.

4/26/2022 : 12:30 - 1:15

I enjoyed making batman but the end result wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be. I ended up accidentally making his hands very small or his head too big. Overall it was a difficult drawing and I was more proud of the first batman drawing than the second. The dragon looked pretty good but the naruto wasn’t that accurate.


I spent the next hour drawing Sonic, A Skyline, baby Groot, Bubble Lettering, Pikachu (Pokemon), and Deadpool.

4/26/2022 : 5:30 - 6:30

I enjoyed drawing baby Groot and I am very proud of that drawing. Overall I'm enjoying practicing different drawing techniques. I also am practicing shading and I am very proud of how it is turning out.


I spent this next hour drawing a Charizard (pokemon),  Another dragon head, a tulip, Iron man, the flash, and a rose.

4/26/2022 : 8:00 - 9:00

All of these drawings were very fun to do especially the flowers. They gave me a new type of drawing and I am especially proud of the flowers. The ones where I draw a face aren’t the best because it is hard to make them look accurate.


I spent this time drawing a dragon, batman, superman, a flower, Mario, mushrooms, and Patrick Star.

4/27/2022 : 1:00 - 2:00

Overall these were pretty good drawings. The only one I don’t like is Patrick because his head is too small because the paper wasn’t big enough for me to fit his head. I really liked the batman and the dragon because they look the best. I am a huge fan of drawing dragons because you can almost mess up but it still looks like a dragon.


I spent this time drawing a campfire, a bird, a lotus flower, a phoenix, a snake, a skeleton, the Avatar, A flower, and a minion.

4/27/2022 : 2:25 - 3:25

Overall I spent most of this time drawing different things. I am especially proud of the flowers because they came out the best. I think the minion isn’t the best because of the eyes. I also finally got the proportions right for The avatar. 


I spent this next hour drawing batman, a flower, a dog, a flamingo, another flower, Gengar (pokemon), a stormtrooper helmet, and a dragon.

4/28/2022 : 9:05 - 10:05

I enjoyed these drawings a lot. I’ve learned that I enjoy making flowers a lot because they are like dragons. If you mess up, it will still look good. I wasn’t proud of the stormtrooper helmet because the dimensions were off.


I spent this time redrawing a few of my old ones. For example, I tried to redraw the flash, batman, spiderman, a flower, and a dragon.

4/29/2022 : 12:10 - 1:10

I enjoyed these drawings because they were overall fun to redraw. I didn’t think that the second drawings were better and I don’t know why. I do think they were more accurate but the first ones have a special touch to them or something that makes them look better.


I spent this time redrawing, a wolf, a mountain range, Naruto, Sonic, and batman again.

4/30/2022 : 11:45 - 12:45

I liked these drawings because they were better than the originals. The second versions were all pretty well done except for a couple.


I spent this time drawing a flower, boxing gloves, Deadpool, spiderman, a diamond, and ice cream.

5/4/2022 : 12:50 - 1:50pm

I like drawing these because I was able to find really good ones to draw. I started with a flower because it is easy to draw and a good warm-up, I then moved on to boxing gloves because they had good shading I wanted to practice. I wasn’t a fan of the Deadpool too much but I loved how the spiderman came out. It came out fresh and looked accurate so overall I am proud of these drawings.


I spent hour 12 redrawing some of my favorite drawings I did before.

5/4/2022 : 9:00 - 10:00pm

I really enjoyed these drawings and I was able to get better at drawing overall. I can definitely see the changes I was able to make and how the quality improved over time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardboard Camera?

 This is an Action Project for my core class Light, Sound, and Time. During this Unit, we learned all about light and how it works. We also learned about how light is a part of the visible spectrum. This is a spectrum that shows the types of waves/rays that are on earth. The visible spectrum is also how we see colors. This has also helped us better understand what light is and how we use it to take pictures. For example, when you take a picture using a camera, light is used to leave a image captured onto a surface. For this project, I was tasked with making a camera from a tissue box. The camera I made is called a Camera Obscura. This camera takes light and through a little hole pastes the image onto a piece of parchment paper inside of the camera. As you can see below, those photos were taken from inside the camera when held up to a light. It also shows what the camera looks like and how it turned how after creating it. Pinhole of Camera Obscura/CJH/2021 Image of Light in Camera/CJH/2

What is a Hysterectomy?

Welcome to my blog. This is an Action Project for my core class Cure. In this unit, we have been at home talking about cells, what they are, and what they are made up of. We have also taken the time to look at different types of surgeries. Also, we had two special FE guests join us through Zoom and teach us about themselves and what they know to help us get a clearer understanding. The two guests who joined us were Dr. Neeraj Jain and Kellee Athens. For this assignment, we were tasked with interviewing someone who has had any surgery performed on them. For the interview, I chose to interview someone about the surgery they had done. The surgery that was performed was a Hysterectomy which is the removal of the uterus. I have put together a slideshow below explaining all of the risk factors, side effects, and much more detail on how the surgery is performed. "No dietary restrictions. I was super groggy and just slept a lot. I was in the hospital for 1 or 2 days. It took me a week to